One of my favorite things about music is the ability to incorporate it into everyday life. Even the most mundane of activities can become fun when music is added! Today, I want to talk about ways to add music to your children’s bathtime routine!
I realize that might sound a little strange to some of you, but there are lots of possibilities for adding music to bath time.
Why add music to your bath time routine?
There are many benefits. Here are just a few:
- Opportunity for bonding with your child
- benefits for baby- helps them with body recognition (like “Here are baby’s fingers, here are baby’s toes”)
- benefits for toddler- helps them practice skills, like washing their feet, counting, and more
- rhymes (body recognition- toes and nose, counting fingers)
- It’s a fun and easy way to add music to your day!
How to add music to your bath time routine
- Simple songs- here are some of the songs we routinely use at bath time
- Rubber Duckie song-the classic Sesame Street song is perfect for bath time! We always have several duckies in the bathtub
- Splish, Splash song-this is one we have sung almost every bath time since my oldest was born. Such a classic!
- This is The Way We Take a Bath song-one of the many songs we love from Super Simple Songs!
- Five Little Ducks Went Swimming One Day – this classic counting song is fun to do with duckies in the bathtub
Don’t forget about books!
There are many children’s books about bathtime (like Sesame Street’s Bubbles, Bubbles), but my favorite books are ones you