Christmas is right around the corner! For those of you still working on getting all of your shopping done, today I’m sharing some ideas. Whether you’re looking for your children, or you are wanting ideas for a daycare center or your classroom, I’ve got you covered! Here are my top musical gift ideas in time for Christmas!
*this post contains affiliate links. If you click them, I may receive a small commission.
Music and movement props are good for all ages! These would be great to have in a music time basket at home, and would also be good for daycare or classroom use!
- Streamers- these are some of my favorite props! They are great for listening activities, and also good for music programs.
- Scarves- scarves are an awesome prop for music time! There are so many music activities you can do with scarves.
- Stretchy Band– great for groups!!
- Bean Bags–I loved using bean bags with my kindergarten classes when I taught elementary music. They are perfect for music and movement activities! They are also a great thing to have in your music time basket at home! We have a set of alphabet bean bags, and my boys really enjoyed them when they were first learning their letters.
They love to make music and explore new sounds! Anything with musical exploration is a hit! But my personal favorite is shakers, or rattles. We love these egg shakers, and still use them as the kids have gotten older.
- Egg Shakers-my one year old loves to make music, and he thinks these egg shakers are so much fun.
- Drums– these are fun for all ages, I think!
Toddlers are busy, busy, busy! They love exploring, as well! My top pick for toddlers would be egg shakers. Drums are also a hit for this age.
This is the perfect age to introduce orff instruments. You can invest in a xylophone or metalaphone they can enjoy for years to come!
I’d also include a xylophone or metalaphone on this list. A ukulele is becoming a very popular instrument for elementary aged children. Many schools are offering ukuleles in their programs, and they make a great present!
Hope you’re having a wonderful Christmas season!