I start playing Christmas music at my house a couple weeks before Thanksgiving! There is a local station here that plays Christmas music beginning on Halloween on their alternate station, then they switch to their main station on Thanksgiving. I feel a little sneaky listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving, but I like extending the Christmas season as much as possible!
When we aren’t driving, I listen to my multiple Christmas playlists I’ve created on pandora. I think having a Christmas playlist/soundtrack is perfect to go along with putting the Christmas tree up, decorating the house, decorating cookies. My current favorites are my Pentatonix holiday station and my Slugs and Bugs Holiday station.
It’s really hard for me to pick favorites, but here are a few songs I enjoy to get me ready for Christmas:
- Home For Christmas Amy Grant (the entire album)
- White Christmas Bing Crosby
- Emmanuel Michael W. Smith (and all of his Christmas music)
- The First Noel Phil Wickham
- O Holy Night Celine Dion or Josh Groban
- Polar Express soundtrack
- How Many Kings Downhere
- Sweet Little Jesus Boy Natalie Grant
- Rockin’ around the Christmas Tree Brenda Lee
- A Slugs & Bugs Christmas (entire album)
- Do You Hear What I hear (I love Andy Williams’ version)
- Mary, Did You Know (I especially enjoy Pentatonix’s version)
My favorite Christmas music to enjoy with my children is hands down A Slugs & Bugs Christmas. We love Slugs and Bugs at our house! I included it in my list of Christmas gifts for 2015. We have been listening to the Slugs and Bugs Christmas cd non stop in the car! Our favorite songs are Gingerbread House and It’s Christmas Around the World.
What are some of your favorite songs to celebrate Christmas? I’d love to hear what songs you would add to your playlist for Christmas!